The Gordini range is to be extended with the addition of a Gordini-badged version of Renault Clio based on the body and engine options of the existing GT version.
Clio Gordini will be available in three- and five-door form with a choice of petrol (1.6 16V 128hp, Euro5, 155g of CO2/km) or diesel (1.5 dCi 105hp, Euro5, 110g of CO2/km) power.
Clio Gordini will be revealed at French dealerships participating in the brand’s Portes Ouvertes operation (September 15-19, 2011). Order books for Clio Gordini (in France) opened on July 18, 2011. Renault Clio Gordini replaces the existing GT version.
Prices (French market)… Petrol versions (1.6 128hp): from €18,450 (three door version) or €19,050 (five doors). Diesel versions (1.5 dCi 105hp, €400 ‘eco-subsidy’): from €20,750 (three door version) or €21,350 (five doors).
The newcomer will be marketed in France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria Portugal, Spain, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia.
Clio Gordini: affordable sporty characteristics, without going to extremes
The Gordini range has proved an immense hit, as illustrated by the success, for example, of Clio Gordini R.S. which accounts for 36 percent of Clio R.S. sales in France and 27 percent in Europe. Even so, an unmet demand has existed for extra versatility. The Renault Sport-developed Clio Gordini is based on the existing GT version and meets the needs of exacting customers who want chic styling combined with driving enjoyment, but who have no desire to own an overly sporty vehicle. Thanks to a choice of two engines (the feisty 1.6 128hp petrol engine [K4M], or the torquey 105hp diesel [K9K]) and two body types (three or five doors), Clio Gordini covers a much broader clientele. It features the sporty Renault Sport-engineered chassis of the GT versions it replaces.
Gordini ‘French Touch’ features available for Clio Gordini…
- Gordini stripes over the bonnet, roof (except with optional sunroof) and rear,
- Glacier White* exterior mirror housings,
- Glacier White* front protective mouldings,
- 16-inch Turini black diamond-effect alloy wheels,
- ‘Gordini Series’ badging on the sides,
- Combined TEP/fabric grey/black Gordini-badged upholstery with visible white stitching,
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel with the upper part trimmed in grey, plus two white stripes indicating the ‘straight-ahead’ position,
- Grey gear lever bellows, metal gear lever knob with blue Gordini-badged insert,
- Sport pedals,
- Black lacquered audio fascia, air-vents and dashboard strip,
- Blue-edged carpet mats with ‘Gordini’ sign,
- Black dashboard cover with visible stitching (excl. RHD),
- Silver Grey seat belts,
…in addition to an extensive equipment list
- Twin exhaust tailpipes on the left-hand side of the car,
- Body colour front splitter, sills and rear lip spoiler,
- Additional cornering lights and fog lights,
- Climate Pack (automatic headlight activation, rain sensor, automatic climate control),
- 80W radio-CD/MP3 with fingertip steering wheel-mounted remote control, RCA socket,
- TomTom Live navigation,
- Cruise control with speed limiter,
- Electric windows (one-touch on driver’s side) and electric exterior mirrors,
- Electric remote central locking,
- Frontal and lateral head/thorax airbags.
Chief options (French market)
- Metallic paint: €440
- Electric panoramic sunroof: €700
- Without Gordini stripes: €0
- Hands-free card, with reach-adjustable steering wheel, electrically folding exterior mirrors and one-touch electric windows: €400
- Rear parking sensors: €250
- Combined TEP/fabric Gordini-branded blue/black upholstery (instead of grey/black): €0
- Gordini-branded leather upholstery (blue/black, or grey/black): €1,000
- Heated front seats (necessitates leather upholstery): €210
- 80W radio-CD with steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control, MP3 playback and Bluetooth connectivity: €150
- European mapping (for navigation system): €120
* These details are in Gun Metal Grey for Glacier White versions